06:21
0


JOHNNY CASH & WAYLON JENNINGS - One too Many Mornings
           
One too Many Mornings from the 'Times they are a Changin' album is not one of the most covered Dylan songs, but it is just great to hear two of 'the Outlaws' singing this duet. What fantastic voices they both have, I bet they sure must have lived a million miles between them.

I never really worked out what the song was about, until I read a quote:

"It's the sound of someone too smitten by love to harbor regrets, grown too independent to consider a reunion"

I suppose that sounds about right and we will leave it at that. Shame really, I thought it could be about going to Pat's Bar for a last 'one' on the way home and getting seriously  pissed and suffering the next day. It goes to show, what do I know? and that you don't have to be an 'intellectual' to appreciate Dylan .

                                                     Bob after a night cap at Pat's Bar

Here is another one and a chaser for the road :
Johnny Cash - Girl from the North Country

Waylon Jenning - Don't think Twice its alright

0 comments:

Post a Comment