06:21
0


Elvis Presley - 'Tomorrow is a Long Time'

Here is 'The King' singing a song by the 'Jester' (before he stole his 'thorny crown' as said by Don Mclean). This is fabulous to behold and I feel I should just bow down and pay homage. It's actually a great version and it is one of Dylan's favourite covers and I can see why. It is slowed down and has that lovely country feel,  bring on the 'Nashville Skyline'. If only Bob had shared the chorus, it would be one of the stand out tracks on that country album. What do you think?

Dylan of course has covered Elvis too... two songs, 'It's Alright Mama' and 'A Fool Such as I', come to mind.

Now here is the question, who is the greatest? Dylan or Elvis? That's a tricky one! Ask my wife, she and millions of other guys and gals will scream Elvis. If you are reading this, then I know what your answer will probably be!
I believe they are the two most important people in 'popular music', Elvis made a great crack in the wall, but Dylan smashed his way through, opening the flood gates to 'popular music' as we know it today.

In the 50's, everybody including Dylan and me, wanted to be Elvis. But then, in the 60's, everyone wanted to be Dylan, including The Beatles and me. (The company I keep).

So, who do you think is the greatest and why?

Another Elvis Dylan Cover

Elvis Presley - 'Tomorrow is a Long Time'
Elvis Presley - 'Blowin' in the Wind'

More Dylan covers? Click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment